You’re counting down those last months (or weeks!) of pregnancy, and steadily checking things off of your to-do list. Do you REALLY need to hire a newborn photographer? Surely that’s a place you can cut a few corners, right? Obviously I’m biased – but my answer is absolutely NOT! Here are 5 reasons you need to hire a newborn photographer:
- Safety. Without question, safety is my highest priority while working with your baby. While newborns are flexible and able to be manipulated into some pretty curled-up positions in those first couple weeks, they are also VERY fragile. Please make sure your newborn photographer has extensive training with newborns and newborn safety, and that they carry insurance on their business as well. (For the record, my answers are yes and yes.) While it might be tempting to let Aunt Marigold take your baby’s newborn pictures, it’s just not worth the risk.
- Experience. Another incredibly important consideration is the experience of your photographer. Find a photographer who’s obviously experienced in their prop selection and coordination, posing, editing, and camera equipment. Also, be sure to choose a photographer whose style meshes well with your own. If you have a classic, clean style, choose a photographer with the same style. That way, you’ll know your images will fit right in with the rest of your home decor!
- They change so fast. This is the ONLY time in your life where your baby is going to fit into your arms just like this. Only a couple weeks after they’re born, they don’t curl up into those sweet, sleepy poses anymore – they want to stretch out and take in the world! They lose all those little flakes on their fingers and toes, their cheeks fill out, and soon they’re on the move. This is your only opportunity to freeze time, and be able to go back to those first heady days that pass in a blur.
- You get to be IN the pictures. Trust me on this – you’re about to be in for a lifetime of being behind the camera. Even though you may not feel like yourself just after having a baby, I strongly encourage you to take a few pictures with your new little one. What would you give for a professional picture of YOU as a newborn with your own mom? I promise I’ll make you look amazing, whether you feel it or not – just get in the shot! Plus – I offer a package deal for professional hair and makeup with The Radiance Team. A blowout or hot tool styling and professional makeup application is included in my top newborn collection, and can be added on to the other session collections for only $65!
- It’s one less thing for you to do. Those first few weeks are an adjustment, and you’re probably not going to have the time or energy to take the pictures yourself. When you schedule your newborn session with me, after parent and/or family shots are over, it’s break time for you! You’re welcome to watch the session, or relax in the adjoining room of my studio. Unless baby gets hungry, you have a little time to drink some hot coffee (take that opportunity – you might not see it again for awhile!), rest, or just browse Facebook in peace. 🙂 When you choose to hire a newborn photographer who has extensive training and experience, you can completely relax and know that you’re going to get great results. Once you’re booked, all you need to do is get here! My studio is conveniently located in downtown Cedar Rapids, with plenty of close (and free!) parking.